Math tutors are everywhere. Why consider MPMC?
- I am a retired professor of mathematics (and former math department chair) with over 20 years of experience teaching college level mathematics.
- I am a published author of a three-volume mathematics problem solving resource, Casual Calculus: A Friendly Student Companion (published by World Scientific Press).
- I have these teaching accolades:
- Recipient, Valparaiso University Excellence in Teaching Award, Spring 2022.
- Recipient, Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America, March 2008.
- Nominated for Caterpillar Teaching Award at Valparaiso University, 2010 and 2012. Nominated for VU Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award, 2015.
- Although I do offer hourly rates, learning math is a long game, much like learning a sport. My monthly package offers four one-hour sessions per month, plus one optional floating session which can be scheduled as needed (such as when a test approaches!). These monthly packages also include access to unlimited problem-solving practice using WebWork, an on-line mathematics system offered by the Mathematical Association of America.
- My “comfort zone” is high school and college level mathematics, particularly Precalculus, Calculus (single variable and multivariable), and Linear Algebra.
Rate List Coming Soon
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org