Math tutors are everywhere. Why consider MPMC?
- I am a retired professor of mathematics (and former math department chair) with over 20 years of experience teaching college level mathematics.
- I am the author of a three-volume mathematics problem solving resource, Casual Calculus: A Friendly Student Companion (published by World Scientific Press).
- I have these teaching accolades:
- Recipient, Valparaiso University Excellence in Teaching Award, Spring 2022.
- Recipient, Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, Indiana Section of the Mathematical Association of America, March 2008.
- Nominated for Caterpillar Teaching Award at Valparaiso University, 2010 and 2012. Nominated for VU Alumni Association Distinguished Teaching Award, 2015.
- Although I do offer hourly rates, learning math is a long game, much like learning a sport. My monthly package offers four one-hour sessions per month, plus one optional floating session which can be scheduled as needed (such as when a test approaches!). These monthly packages also include access to unlimited problem-solving practice using WebWork, an on-line mathematics system offered by the Mathematical Association of America.
- My “comfort zone” is high school and college level mathematics, particularly Precalculus, Calculus (single variable and multivariable), and Linear Algebra.
- Option 1: A la carte hourly: $65 per hour, no use of WebWork.
- Option 2: Monthly plan: $250 per month, which includes:
- 4 weeks of once-per-week hourly meetings
- one floating session that can be reserved as needed (more intense topics, test preparation, etc)
- individually curated practice problem sets in WebWork
- Option 3: Semester plan – same as monthly plan, but for an entire fall or spring semester, $800.
- SUMMER COURSE SPECIAL:
- $100 per week for 2 meetings per week plus a floating session that can be used in any 2-week period
- $600 lump sum for a whole summer term up to 8 weeks, two meetings per week plus a floating session every two weeks.
These hourly rates are for hours, not people. If you have a friend or small group who would also like to work on improving math skills together in the same topics, you can sign up and split the cost!
Contact e-mail: email@example.com