Fire Pro Wrestling held FPW 130 at Impact Christian Church in Merrillville, IN at 6:30pm on Saturday, January 21 2017.
- In the first match, Nicco Antonelli, fresh off his day job poling the gondolas down the canals in Venice, Italy, taps out to Kevin Graves.
- Next up, The Roach and Logan Williams try to get the FPW Tag Team titles away from Team Black, Mustafa and Drex O’Dell. No such luck, as Mustafa puts Williams away with a sidewalk slam.
- After talking to the audience a while, The Product Christopher Kent turns his attention to, and defeats, Roland Young.
- Stone Hands Slater Wallace wins over Greg Glover in a match for the FPW Intercontinental Championship, when Glover exits the ring and refuses to get back before the end of the 10 count. While Wallace wins, Glover retains the title. Kenny Courageous, acting commissioner of FPW for the evening, has had enough of Glover’s nonsense and sets up a rematch at next month’s show, Revelations.
- In possibly the greatest clash of entrance music ever, Adam Bueller (entering to death metal) takes on Flash Harris (entering to groovy funk). After making sure to stoke the fires of election heat, Bueller wins – but not totally on his own merits; Christopher Kent came out and distracted Harris, letting Bueller get the upper hand.
- After the match, Kent lays into Harris with a kendo stick. Someone in the audience who may have been Harris’s mom was ready to take a steel chair to Kent! You go, Mom! Anyway, this leads to Kenny Courageous setting up of a No DQ match between these two at Revelations.
- Dashing Dick Davis loses to Austin Fury after Kevin Graves runs in while the ref was down and delivers a kick to Davis’s face. Usually it’s the heels ganging up on the faces, but let’s go with it. After the match, Davis and Graves rehash their long history together as tag team partners and friends, leading to a No Holds Barred match between the two at Revelations.
- (Also at Revelations, because of their individual victories, it will be Adam Bueller vs. Austin Fury for the new Impact Championship. I’m really sad I won’t be there because I’ll be at Reggie’s Rock Club in Chicago to see the godly Pain of Salvation; I feel like I need to see every Adam Bueller match for the foreseeable future because I want to be there when his trusty shorts finally give up and fall to pieces … Every time I see him, they are a bit more ripped and torn, and I think they are held together by bubble gum at this point!)
- In the main event, Johnny Motley and Jeremy Hadley go down to Flawless Dave Allen and Mike Horning when Allen gets Hadley to tap out to an ankle lock type of thing. This was an all over tag match, in and out of the ring, with lots of action and bumping. The hardest worker may have been the ref, who was constantly in motion and yelling for people to break holds, get back in the corners, get off the hair, quit cheating!, and so on. Good work, ref!
So anyway, check out Fire Pro Wrestling Revelations on Saturday February 18, 2017!
If you’re so inclined, check out the Northwest Indiana Wrestling Action Program (NWIWrap) broadcast the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 9:30pm, as part of the program Mostly Metal, which runs Sundays from 8-10pm, on WVLP 103.1FM in Valparaiso, IN. If you’re not in Valpo, catch it streaming on http://www.wvlp.org and the Tune In Radio app. Rebroadcasts happen Wednesdays 10pm – midnight, and NWIWrap is archived on YouTube, just search for NWIWrap. You can find @NWIWrap on Twitter. And you can subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org Google calendar, where I try to keep up to date calendar postings of shows in and around the NWI region. Because WRESTLING!